Our Bowes Parliament is back up and running.
The aim of the Parliament is to:
- Give all children the opportunity to have a 'voice' to share their opinions and ideas
- Learn to take part in a democratic process
- Develop confidence and responsibility
- Prepare children to play an active role in their education
- Develop good relationships and respect different opinions
- Make real changes to improve the academic and social aims of the school.
The Senior Leadership team meet with the Councillors and MPs each half-term to discuss the topics to be covered.
The topics to be covered this term are:
- Lunchtimes: activities outside and inside and respect for property
- Safety: around school and the playground
- Reading: class 'libraries' and peer reading
- Environment: travel to school, environmental projects