PE & Sport Grant
In April 2013, the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport announced new funding of £150 million to support the delivery of PE and school sport.
Funding was allocated to all state-maintained secondary, primary, middle and special schools (including non-maintained special schools), academies and pupil referral units with primary aged pupils for the period September 2013 to 31st August 2014 and from 1st September 2014 to 31st August 2015.
Our School received approximately £10,000 to be spent on improving the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of all pupils. At Bowes, we are funding the following:
- Supporting regular sport tournaments, festivals and competitions for pupils of all ages, including the recent Enfield Dance Festival for our Year 1 children.
- Entering children into different leagues and competitions organised by the Enfield PE Team.
- Procuring quality assured professional training for staff to raise their confidence and competence in teaching PE and sport through the Enfield School Sports Partnership.
- Specialist dance and sports coaches to teach the children different sports during curriculum time.
- Providing cover staff to release teachers for professional development in PE and Sport.
- Purchasing further resources including football kits, tag rugby equipment, netballs and footballs, new multi-skills equipment and skipping ropes.
- Additional after school sports clubs.
- Increasing pupil participation in inter and intra school competitions.
- Appointing and training our Key Stage 2 Sports Councillors to work with our PE lead teacher. This will include developing them as Young Sports Leaders through our partnership with the Enfield PE Team.
- A specialist lunch time sports coach for KS1 and KS2.
- Implementing activities to supplement the PE and sport already established in school.
The impact of this funding will be displayed at a later date.